Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Final Blog?

For a final blog entry we were asked to examine our online uses and see if there has been any change. And to that question I can not say there are any major things that have influenced me in any way. I do think if anything it has been a bad influence on me, exposing me to other things that I do not really need to be using but find fun or simply a relaxation tool. One such example of this is face book which I did not have until the summer and the main intent in getting it was to stay in tough with people that were away fro the summer and now I find myself using it to avoid talking to people because rather than calling them I can just write on their wall. I wish I had almost stuck with the original intent of using it to keep in touch and not a lazy person’s tool. But in general the class has made me more aware of the things I am doing and causes me to question things like, would it be easier to just call, or do I really need to buy these shoes because I can support small business by going to the store and purchasing them in person. What is a person to do? I almost wish the class had made us explore the more personal aspects of why we do things online, sort of like a psyche class that relates online behavior to the way our brain functions. I hope to farther examine myself and try to grow on a personal level about who I am and what I do online. With the intent that someday I can merge the two together and ensure that people know the same me online and in person, but I am not sure which part has more room for improvement because like mentioned earlier it is often just easier to open up when not face to face versus when we are, and that for me is a large task that could use a lot of work. So in short I have learned a lot about myself in a way that I did not expect to at all. I may even choose to continue to blog as a means of keeping in touch wiht some friends and family.

No comments: